Friday, November 14, 2014

Charlotte Family Photographer - Carolina Kids by Levine's Children's Hospital

I first meet sweet Victoria when she was 5 months old and her mommy brought her into the portrait studio I was working in at the time for her very first pictures.  She did not have a chance to do her Newborn Portrait session sooner than this because they were too busy fighting for her life.  Victoria was born 5 weeks premature and spent the first  eighteen days of her life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery at Levine's Children's Hospital. Victoria came home only to be diagnosed six days later with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. When Victoria was 7 months old. She was diagnosed with a heart condition and would need a transplant. In January 2010 Victoria underwent successful heart surgery. The results have been astounding!  Our sweet Victoria is thriving and a true inspiration to so many! 

Victoria is now 8 years old in second grade.  She loves cheerleading, girl scouts, her friends and family!

Over these past years I have had the pleasure of many photo shoots with the Waters family.  Most recently Victoria was one of our 7 in our BFF buddy shoot this past weekend with my own daughters, and our other closest buddies that we have know since are eldest children were just babies not even walking yet.  

Last month I came home from a family session  to hear find great news! One of my photographs from The Water's last Family Photo shoot was going to be featured on the FRONT page of Carolina Kids health magazine (a publication from Levine Children's Hospital) I was SO excited!!! 


The magazine arrived in the mail today and I am just beside myself with glee!  I am so proud of our sweet Victoria and how far she has come, and so happy to be a part of this amazing families lives!









No comments:

Post a Comment