Sunday, July 17, 2011

Photography Tip of the Day #1 - DON'T say CHEESE!!!!!!

I often recieve questions from my families asking how to capture a good shot of their kiddos.
Sooooooo.... I thought it would be to post a fun photo tip of the day here on my blog.  In truth, I highly doubt it will really be daily (life is just too crazy here at the Serrano house)  but "Photography Tip of the Day" has a nice ring to it so that is what it shall be.  LOL. 

Tip #1:  Don't say cheese!

While "say cheese" may work for some in the very beginning it will almost always eventually result in the dreaded fake smile that makes every parent cringe.  Not pretty!  "But what should I do?"  You ask. Just have fun!  Make a joke, make funny faces, tickle, kiss, hug, dance, act foolish, say silly words!  Every child is different but if you just relax and have fun with them I guarantee you will find what will work for them. 


I hope you have enjoyed my tip of the day!  Be sure to check back often for more fun tips and tidbits!  :)



(Note:  Awesome kid's tie courtesy of Two L Creations in Concord, NC)

No comments:

Post a Comment